I couldn’t help myself, I had to start with something catchy and cliche for endings. What better than the Green Day song used for every end of year school video from grade 6-12? I promise I’ll stop there, this is actually a fairly serious post.

As I wrap up this semester, I have sadly not come close to wrapping up my blanket project. At one point in time, that would have really bothered me; however, I’m learning how to let things go and not sweat the small stuff.

I may not have finished my project in the three month time frame of the semester, but that wasn’t the point of the project. The point was to try something new and document it. I definitely tried something new, and boy did I ever document it!

The semester may be coming to an end, but I am far from finished with this project and this hobby. As much as I gripe about having the wrong number of stitches, I actually do find crocheting to be quite calming and relaxing (it also keeps me off my phone while I’m watching TV, so I’ll take that as an additional win 😉 )

I don’t know what the future has in store for me with my upcoming practicum, nor do I know how busy I will be (I’m going to guess very). I do know that I enjoyed the process of starting this blanket (yes, all 17 million times) and continuing to make something that used to be just a ball of yarn. It is rewarding to see what I can create if I put my mind to it. I hope I can bring this sense of joy, accomplishment, and curiosity to my classroom so that students are open to learning new things.

It may be frustrating when you don’t understand (trust me, I get that), but believing in yourself and persevering will take you a long way. Eventually, it’ll click and you won’t understand how you didn’t understand! If it doesn’t go this way, that’s totally okay too! I can openly admit that calculus is never going to click for me, and I’m completely fine with that (you also have to know when something just isn’t for you).

Find the balance. Put in your best effort. Be proud of what you can do when you put your mind to it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY