Finally got started on my third colour! Loving the contrast, not so stoked on the fact that I made a mistake on tying off the lighter colour. I got through the first row of the lightest purple and it looked great! Then I noticed that I was off by one stitch…shoot…here I go again.

I pulled it back and did it a second time and was still off by one. What was I doing wrong?!

Well, I’ll tell you. I had pulled my middle purple colour back one too far, so I was short a stitch on the end, but that meant that my magic knot was in the wrong spot! Ugh! So at least I figured that part out; however, that opened up a new issue for me.

I don’t like how it looks.

Like really don’t like how it looks.

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
via GIPHY

I’m disappointed with how it turned out and since absolutely no one but me will care, I have to figure out what to do with it because it’s for me. Let’s look at the options. I could:

1. Leave it and be forever frustrated with myself (yeah, not how I roll)
  2. Pull the light colour back all the way and do two magic knots of the middle colour to make up the literal one stitch (that seems like a lot of work for very little gain except appeasing my inner perfectionist)
  3. Throw it in the bag and say “that was fun while it lasted!” (again, I’m invested in this hobby – like, I could have spent way less money buying a blanket, but this is about the process!)
  4. Go to the store and buy four more balls of a different colour purple yarn because they still don’t have the original purple in stock and just start from scratch

Regardless of having put a ridiculous number of hours into this little chunk with all my pulling back of rows and restarting because I was off by one stitch, you know I’m going for option four. In fact, I already have the yarn in my possession. One day my perfectionism won’t get the best of me, but it doesn’t seem like today’s the day, folks.

Fourteenth times the charm, right?