I read a few posts regarding Inclusive Design, and the two I am going to comment on are both specifically about their groups’ Interactive Learning Resources. It was nice to get a glimpse into how other groups are organizing theirs!

Omar’s Post

Your post provides a great explanation of their resource’s inclusivity! I love how you mention your group’s plan to view everyone as a learner (which is so important in any setting!), as it ensures that everyone has the ability to integrate the material. I also appreciate how you explain that “any learner at any level can participate”, as this is such an inclusive action! Everyone will be involved and learning alongside others, which allows people to learn from each others’ strengths and receive help with their struggles.

It is nice to see that your group is taking a proactive approach to reducing barriers to learning and ensuring everyone has a chance to succeed. I was wondering if you had the chance to look into the UDL resource for how you want your participants to share their perspectives? There are some great points on how to foster collaboration and community! Here is the link if it helps!

I’m looking forward to seeing your resource!

Maya’s Post

Your post really gets into the details of your group’s plan for your resource! I appreciate how you include a variety of methods to ensure the material reaches everyone. The idea of using misconception questions to check-in on learners’ understanding makes so much sense, as your group could then alter the next steps to fit the needs of the participants.

Having classroom discussions also greatly benefits inclusion, and I am curious how your group will go about ensuring that each person’s voice is heard and that one person doesn’t end up monopolizing the conversation (as can happen in group work!)?

I’m very interested to see what this resource looks like!