I believe that we are all teachers and learners in our own way, and that everyone has something special that they bring with them in everything they do. As a teacher, it is my role to support students in fostering their unique traits to help them be the best them possible!

Hi everyone!

Let’s start with the basics!

I am Teaching with Teeney and I was born and raised on Vancouver Island, BC. I have done a lot of back-and-forth post-secondary education since graduating high school, including completing a Bachelor of Social Work from the University of Victoria in June 2019. I came to realize that social work was not the right avenue for me; however, during one of my practicums, I was in a middle school and it reaffirmed that I want to work with youth in my future. I have always wanted to work with children and believe that working in education, preferably as part of a learning services team, is the ideal way to fulfill my mind and spirit. I do not currently work in education but I am working on completing the Elementary Post-Degree Professional Program so that I can start my teaching career in January 2023!

A couple facts about me:

1. I enjoy spending time at home with my husband and our two cats just hanging out, playing video games or reading
  2. I love camping and try to get out at least once every summer!
  3. I have been a dancer for 26 years in a variety of styles, and am currently taking a tap class with my mom and sister once a week (it’s a great way to stay active and challenge my brain in a creative way!)
  4. I have gotten into baking recently and have been loving creative freedom 
  5. I normally go to the gym with my dad once a week to train for Tough Mudder but unfortunately, we haven’t been able to go the past couple of years so I have to find my workout motivation elsewhere (time to dust off the Total Gym at the house!)