This was an intriguing post to read other’s perspectives on, since we all chose different ideas for our Learning Resources. Interaction is a necessary component in all facets of life, especially education – I might even argue that it is even more important in online education as we cannot always come face-to-face or have video chats with others, so the online platform can be somewhat isolating for learners. The more we reach out and connect with others, the more we are able to learn about the content with and from them. I was particularly drawn to the following two posts, as one is similar to mine, and the other not so much. I also love reading differing opinions and outlooks to broaden my understanding!

Ashlyn’s Post

I was very interested in your post, Ashlyn! I hadn’t thought about looking at a video that was more directed at the instructors, and found it to be quite different from my post. You bring up a good point about how learners would connect over the video in terms of using the comment section to interact with others outside of their learning environment. It would be interesting to see the comments from people who were watching the video as a course requirement compared to people from a workspace perspective, and how they would interact from their different points-of-view. 

I also agree that there is a level of reflection that could be made following the video, as each person would be interested in knowing where they stand for the roles in each group. I wonder how often people see themselves in the same role as others view them in, or if there is a gap between their perspectives. I believe having this type of relational connection between learners elevates engagement, as they are able to discuss their point-of-view compared to that of others. I’m curious what platform you would use to open conversation if this were done in an online format?

Thanks for an intriguing post!

Tori’s Post

It looks like we had similar ideas for our learning resources! My pod also looked at elementary education, but from an inclusion standpoint. I have always been interested in social-emotional learning and self-awareness, and found your post to be an excellent source of information on self-regulation! 

You mention that your group’s resource is for preservice and service teachers, which I think is fantastic! I am curious if you are in the profession yet, and if so, have you used this technique for your students? Have you done any sort of reflection work with feedback? 

The Padlet idea is new to me as of this course, but seems like a great way to provide feedback between the teacher and learners, as well as via peer comments. Having feedback from different perspectives can definitely open up more ways of learning and understanding that is beneficial for inclusive learning. 

Thanks for your thought-provoking post!